Laser Line Sensors Used To Measure Thickness From 2 Sides
February 27, 2015
An Acuity customer is using a dual opposed AP820 laser line configuration to be able to measure the thickness of a dark plastic sheet material. The uneven surface profile is used to calculate the overall thickness and make sure the material maintains a minimum thickness requirement.
The AP820 is very suited for difficult dark targets with its high dynamic range of the CCD chip in the sensor. Both sensors can be synchronized to make sure the measurements are very accurate.
Click here to see the video showing a proof of concept on a similar material and the ability of the free AcuityView software program to make the needed measurements.
- 2D Profile Scanner
- 3D Scanning
- AccuProfile 620 Laser Profile Sensor
- AccuProfile 820 Laser Scanner
- AR1000 Laser Distance Sensor
- AR200 Laser Measurement Sensor
- AR2000 Laser Distance Meter
- AR2500 Laser Sensor
- AR3000 Distance Measurement Sensor
- AR4000 Laser Range Finder
- AR500 Laser Position Sensor
- AR700 Laser Displacement Sensor
- CCS Initial Confocal Sensor
- CCS Prima Confocal Displacement Sensor
- Confocal Displacement Sensor
- Long-Distance Rangefinders
- Triangulation Sensor Applications