Contact Us Today
ALUMINUM BILLET SCALPING
Laser sensors profile billet to help ensure that aluminum billets are square
- Laser line scanners used to profile billets with repeatability and speed before scalping.
- No reliance on manually measuring the deepest point of the billet before the scalping process.
- Develop shorter cycle times and avoid excessive material scrap.
Inline Laser Measurement Before Scalping
- Measuring range: 5 mm – 1000 mm
- Resolution: down to 0.8 microns
- Large selection of cases and measuring ranges
- Real-time 3D profiling can be created
Laser Measurement To Avoid Excessive Material Scrap
Our lasers produce a 3D point cloud of the raw billet surface giving way for software to accurately calculate the coordinates of the highest and deepest levels of the surface. Our laser measurements bring our clients the advantage of shorter cycle times and avoid excessive material scrap.
RECENT BLOG POSTS RELATED TO ALUMINUM BILLET SCALPING
ACUITY LASER PRODUCT CATALOG – 2020
March 27, 2020
Acuity Laser, a US-based non-contact laser measurement company, releases product catalog Download PDF Version Acuity manufactures and sells laser distance sensors and laser measurement systems for industrial and OEM use. Our product line consists of single point triangulation sensors, long distance sensors, 2D/3D laser scanners, and confocal chromatic sensors. We specialize in non-contact laser measurement…
LASER HEIGHT POLE MEASUREMENT
March 19, 2020
Laser Height Pole System Measures Overhead Structures at Highway Speeds Whether your business is a pilot car service, permit service, trucking service, house mover, or crane and utility company, effectively moving oversized loads requires precautionary measures to ensure safety. This is particularly necessary when it comes to route surveys. A crucial element to maintaining precautionary…