As summer vacations ended, many engineers began pursuing their automation projects which use laser sensors to replace manual measurement techniques. Some of the more interesting applications this month include:
- Measuring the fill height of ceramic powder in a narrow tube for a temperature probe manufacturing line
- Gauging height differences of parts on a gold-plated flange
- Height measurement of extend-able antenna mast
- QA system to measure diameter and “round-ness” of cylindrical steel bar stock for a major steel manufacturer
- Separation of two large plates during a bolt-tightening process for a manufacturer of commercial heat exchangers
If you have any questions about the specific details concerning the above applications, pleas reply to this post. Also, we look forward to hearing about your latest applications of laser sensors and laser scanners!