Bridge Crane Positioning
May 1, 2015
A large hydro electric dam is using the Acuity AR2000 laser sensors to position a large bridge crane in real time. The AR2000 laser sensor can measure out to over 325 feet with an accuracy of better than +/- 0.040" at up to 20 measurements per second. The sensor has a built in display for easy programming and provides RS232,RS422 and RS485 outputs. The sensor uses a very visible Class 2 laser sensor that can be seen at up to over 650 feet. With a cooperative target the laser can measure as far as 1,640 feet.
Two of the AR2000 models are mounted on either side of the crane and measures the position of the crane to keep it from locking up. The AR2000 can be programmed to output up to 100 Hz at an accuracy of +/- 0.125" or better.
To learn more about the AR2000 or any of the lasers offered by Acuity Laser, please click here or for faster service, you can always give us a call!
- 2D Profile Scanner
- 3D Scanning
- AccuProfile 620 Laser Profile Sensor
- AccuProfile 820 Laser Scanner
- AR1000 Laser Distance Sensor
- AR200 Laser Measurement Sensor
- AR2000 Laser Distance Meter
- AR2500 Laser Sensor
- AR3000 Distance Measurement Sensor
- AR4000 Laser Range Finder
- AR500 Laser Position Sensor
- AR700 Laser Displacement Sensor
- CCS Initial Confocal Sensor
- CCS Prima Confocal Displacement Sensor
- Confocal Displacement Sensor
- Long-Distance Rangefinders
- Triangulation Sensor Applications