Contact Us Today
ALUMINUM BILLET SCALPING
Laser sensors profile billet to help ensure that aluminum billets are square
- Laser line scanners used to profile billets with repeatability and speed before scalping.
- No reliance on manually measuring the deepest point of the billet before the scalping process.
- Develop shorter cycle times and avoid excessive material scrap.
Inline Laser Measurement Before Scalping
- Measuring range: 5 mm – 1000 mm
- Resolution: down to 0.8 microns
- Large selection of cases and measuring ranges
- Real-time 3D profiling can be created
Laser Measurement To Avoid Excessive Material Scrap
Our lasers produce a 3D point cloud of the raw billet surface giving way for software to accurately calculate the coordinates of the highest and deepest levels of the surface. Our laser measurements bring our clients the advantage of shorter cycle times and avoid excessive material scrap.
RECENT BLOG POSTS RELATED TO ALUMINUM BILLET SCALPING
OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY: ARE YOU USING LASERS?
May 2, 2019
Challenge In the Oil and Gas Industry, various types of positioning equipment such as offshore cranes and hydraulic lifting equipment are vital tools from refinement to distribution. In order to ensure smooth and efficient production, all equipment is required to have high reliability and precise positioning. Without a non-contact laser measurement system, the challenge of ensuring consistent…
ACUITY AR200 DIMENSIONING SOLUTION
April 30, 2018
It is a complicated process to create vision-guided robotics, imaging systems, and dimensioning systems. A lot can go wrong. For a company like Artemis Vision, a machine-vision solution provider out of Denver, Colorado, it is vital to make every design decision count. All the parts in their machine systems must work together to ensure stability…