Contact Us Today
ALUMINUM BILLET SCALPING
Laser sensors profile billet to help ensure that aluminum billets are square
- Laser line scanners used to profile billets with repeatability and speed before scalping.
- No reliance on manually measuring the deepest point of the billet before the scalping process.
- Develop shorter cycle times and avoid excessive material scrap.
Inline Laser Measurement Before Scalping
- Measuring range: 5 mm – 1000 mm
- Resolution: down to 0.8 microns
- Large selection of cases and measuring ranges
- Real-time 3D profiling can be created
Laser Measurement To Avoid Excessive Material Scrap
Our lasers produce a 3D point cloud of the raw billet surface giving way for software to accurately calculate the coordinates of the highest and deepest levels of the surface. Our laser measurements bring our clients the advantage of shorter cycle times and avoid excessive material scrap.
RECENT BLOG POSTS RELATED TO ALUMINUM BILLET SCALPING
LASER RIDE HEIGHT SENSOR
November 11, 2019
Acuity's Triangulation Sensors Used For Ride Height Distance --- Automotive companies must ensure their systems operate at peak performance. Whether it be for vibration, suspension, or any other displacement measurement, the automotive industry demands precise measurement for quality control and testing. When it comes to vehicle dynamics, providing precise ride height measurement from the vehicle…
OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY: ARE YOU USING LASERS?
May 2, 2019
Challenge In the Oil and Gas Industry, various types of positioning equipment such as offshore cranes and hydraulic lifting equipment are vital tools from refinement to distribution. In order to ensure smooth and efficient production, all equipment is required to have high reliability and precise positioning. Without a non-contact laser measurement system, the challenge of ensuring…